Jain vegetable biryani is a mixed rice dish made with spices, rice and vegetables. This is how I prepare it.
- 2 or 3 carrots,
- a handful of green beans,
- a handful of peas
- few pieces of cauliflower,
- 1 cup of basmati rice,
- 2 small spoons of garam masala,
- 1 small spoon of turmeric,
- a pinch of red chili powder,
- a bit of chopped fresh ginger,
- salt to taste,
- 4 curry leaves,
- 2 tablespoons of oil.
1. Wash and soak (at least 10 min) rice in cold water. After that let it dry during 5 min.
2. Wash, peel and cut vegetables.
3. Put oil in the pot and heat. Add spices. Stir during few minutes and add vegetables. Stir well and add some water. Cook for 8-10 min.
4. Add rice and salt to taste and stir very well. Add 3 cups of water.
5. Cook till the water evaporates.